From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:20:21 -0700
I have been at Villa Angela & Wildwood State Parks in Cleveland this week.  Today I was there from 5:10 to 7:30pm.  Not seeing much different I stopped at the marina again to look for the Mockingbird by the yacht club.  In the setting sun I saw the silhouette of an usual shaped duck and bill.  I walked over and saw that the female Long-tailed Duck is still around.  She was in the center of the marina out from the gas dock and at the end of the pier near the boat launching area seen 7:10 to 7:30pm.  Thought I had seen something on 4/12 at the far north end near the breakwall when the marina was full of RB Mergansers but it disappeared and I gave up.  Only a few Mergansers after 4/12.

Otherwise, haven't been able to see much new this week here.

Long-tailed Duck 1 female
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 3
Northern Flicker 10
Eastern Phoebe 1 seen only on 4/13 back of library bldg.
Barn Swallows small numbers
Brown Creepers 5
Carolina Wren 1 seen singing down by creek in Wildwood
Golden-crowned Kinglet 5, Ruby-crowned 2
Hermit Thrush 5
Brown Thrashers 6
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1 Wildwood woods
Fox Sparrows 7
Dark-eyed Juncos 7
Eastern Towhees 3

Many Red-winged Blackbirds, Common Grackles, E. Starling, few Cowbirds

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/