OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
RICHARD COUNTS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RICHARD COUNTS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:11:35 -0500
I was informed this morning by a retired O.D.N.R. game protector from Logan Co. that Harold Longbrake is trying to sell the wetlands to private individuals for hunting purposes. If and when that happens I don't know what the availability will be to birders. That will be up to the new owners I suppose.
  What a nicely created area nevertheless. Birds will continue to come which proves if the habitat is restored wildlife will come. It is a blessing even if birders won't be allowed in.
  Birds seen there this morning include the following:

Snow Goose  1 white
Canada Goose  268
Gadwall  2
Am. Wigeon  6