OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2009

From:
Robert Herp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Herp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:05:52 -0400
Just had an awesome experience with a whole family of osprey. At the
intersection of Rt 88, 528 and 422 in Parkman. Directly behind the BP
station to the east. There is a tower there and the family lives on top.

 Nest is easily seen & had up to 3 birds at a time on the tower. However, we
went up 528 to a church parking lot at an old closed school and got a higher
more level view of the nest. Much to our surprise when we were leaving  more
were spotted about 20ft up on a dead tree side by side. They allowed us to
get right under and just watch for 10 min. Preening and just stretching
without any distress to our presence. WHAT an awesome time.
Bob