OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 2009 01:41:53 -0400
Greetings everyone,

I had one birder email me and asked about the birding at Big Island WA, so after emailing him, I decided to just give a heads up to everyone...What few birds were here have been scared away from the local Goose/Dove hunters.  And to all the Goose/Dove hunters...The Geese left a week ago, go home already! :-) There are a few shorebirds here and there but not enough to write online about. :-D

Sorry for the bad news.

What I have seen are a female Harrier, a Redtailed Hawk on every other Telephone pole, Egrets, and GBHs, and a couple Green Herons.  The Local Eagles are here and there. And the Doves have found safe haven on the telephone lines just outside the Safe Zone. :-) There is one Goose over at the old cells, I think that it is the same one that has been hanging around with the Shelduck..(which I didn't see.)  It is reluctant to fly even though it can...wierd.  Teals are either hiding or are gone and the Wood Ducks are up to their usual fly at the first sign of interest.

That's about it.

I think I'm going to head down Columbus way this Labor Day to find some Warblers heading for warmer weather...;-)  Until then..

Happy Birding and God Bless

Steve Jones
(a.k.a. sjlarue)

PS: To see my new cat Buddy "The Birdsnatcher"  (Don't worry the birds are safe.) Go here: http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/sjlarue/Buddy/

Blog: http://sjlarueslenses.blogspot.com/

Psalm 103:4-6

 4 who redeems your life from the pit
       and crowns you with love and compassion,

 5 who satisfies your desires with good things
       so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

 6 The LORD works righteousness
       and justice for all the oppressed.