OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Amy Winnicki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Winnicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:13:08 -0500
I've been sitting at home in my pjs and decided to do a PFW... I watched from 10:30-12:30 from my house in Medina County near Chippewa Lake. Here is my list:

Canada Goose (flyby) about 75
Dark-eyed Juncos -35
American Goldfinch- 25
House Finch- 15
Black-capped Chickadee- 7
American Tree Sparrow- 7
Northern Cardinals- 6
Downy Woodpecker- 5
White-breasted Nuthatch- 5
Tufted Titmouse- 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker- 3
Carolina Wren- 2
House Sparrow- 2
Mourning Dove- 2
European Starling- 2

Total- 15 species, about 195 individuals

Not bad, overall, for my yard.
One of my juncos had one leg, and one of my house finches had snow-white wingbars.

This week we had common redpolls and a red-shouldered hawk, but neither showed today, so far.

Happy Birding,
Sarah Winnicki