OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2007

From:
William Hull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Hull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:26:53 -0400
This past spring I watched a Bald Eagle take and eat a Pied-billed
Grebe at East Fork State Park, Clermont County.  It stooped on the
grebe multiple times.  Each time the grebe would dive but the eagle
would come at it again when it resurfaced.  The eagle eventually wore
out the grebe and the eagle was able to land in the water, grab the
grebe, and use its wings to paddle the 30-40 feet to shore.
--
Cheers,
Bill Hull