OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:55:45 -0400
For those who still haven't visited the Harris's Sparrow at the Miller Farm near Walnut Creek, we saw it Saturday, the 17th.  The younger son (Wayne, I think) came out and greeted us. I'd been there two weeks earlier and was bringing a friend in hopes of seeing it for his life list.

We saw it in the compost area while viewing from the right side/eastern edge of their property where the little stream runs through.  Also was able to see it at the ground feeder under the tree in front of the house. Beautiful unobstructed view!  Their log book was up to 403 (from 353 two weeks earlier).  Very hospitable family to allow over 400 folks on their property!

Good luck!

Pam Jordan, Ashland