OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2021

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2021 20:37:24 -0500
That WW crossbill eluded me again this morning! And it was still windy.....
I checked my records from last Nov. and up there. Light SW winds. And
warm! Well, no Red throated Loon last time. Bad weather can be good
water watching. I had an enjoyable time lake watching. I miss Avalon
and the sea watch. I will enjoy birding Lake Erie when I can! I wish it
was closer.

I need to find a river watch down here too. Lost Bridge will probably be
my spot. That spot seems to change every day.

I thank everyone I met and chatted birds with up north! Always a pleasure!
I miscalculated the weather front and didn't have time to do much at all
at Oberlin Reservoir on Sunday as I drove home. Scanned the flying gulls.
No Iceland for me. I still need that for Ohio.

I explored a great spot in Loraine county on Sat. Hoping for the Ross's. No success
with that! But Sandy Ridge was super! Loaded with waterfowl! Always nice
to just have a spot with lots of birds.

The weather really closed in. 32 degrees and snow most of my drive south.
Eeeks. I am impressed with Ohio road winter prep. Highways were fine. I guess
the brine down already. But I didn't take any chances and didn't stop anywhere
else for birding. Another county will have to wait!

Yep. Surf Scoters at East Fork today. Yea! Hopefully they stick a couple
days. A needed big year bird. And other birds.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini