Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 13:12:03 -0400
Hi everyone,

Migration is ramping up here as the species that are coming through are
changing in type and quantity. No sign of the Slate-colored Fox Sparrows
yesterday. I guess they moved on. I'm hoping to get out again this week.
What a great time of the year!

Judy

*26 APR 2018  Mosquito Lake State Park & Marina* - (10 species, 20 minutes,
driving)
*Highlights:* 2 Horned Grebes; 3 Eared Grebe; 6 Common Loon; 1 Caspian
Tern; Canada Goose pair w/goslings
*FOY:* Horned Grebe, Chimney Swift

*List:*
American Coot 35
Canada Goose  Pair w/6 recently fledged goslings that could barely walk
Caspian Tern 1
Chimney Swift 7
Common Loon 6 (5/full breeding plumage; 1 full winter plumage)
Eared Grebe 3 (all nearly full breeding plumage)
Horned Grebe 2 (1 full breeding plumage; 1 almost full breeding plumage)
Red-breasted Merganser 47
Ring-billed Gull 13
Tree Swallow 100

*25 APR 2018  Western Reserve Greenway Trail* - (46 species, 3.5 hours,
5.68 miles walking)
*Highlights:*  One adult Bald Eagle perched at a pond; 17 Swamp Sparrows
(high number for this location); 2 Pileated Woodpeckers (separate
locations/territories) and I found several trees in one area that were
recently worked by one, so possibly a third territory; Pine and
Yellow-rumped Warblers; Eastern Towhee numbers almost tripled in five days
*FOY:* Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Brown Thrasher, Cedar Waxwing, Chipping
Sparrow, Pine Warbler, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, White-throated Sparrow,
Yellow-rumped Warbler

*List:*
American Robin numerous
American Goldfinch 4