From:
Alex Champagne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Champagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:30:57 -0400
A few members of the OSU Ornithology Club led a bird walk this morning for
the Ohio Young Birders at the Olentangy Wetlands in Columbus.  There,
birding was relatively slow, with highlights being Palm and Yellow Warblers.
 At the end of the walk, a few of the young birders spotted a Sora fly over
the western kidney wetland and disappear in the cattails.  We could not
relocate the bird, but it is likely still in the area.

Around 11:00, Paul Hurtado and I headed over to Glen Echo Park, also in
Columbus.  Birding here proved much more productive.  Highlights included
(Numbers in parentheses):

Warblers:
Ovenbird (2)
WORM-EATING (1) - Seen near the entrance to the park by the picnic tables.
It never sang while we were there.
Tennessee (2)
ORANGE-CROWNED (1) - Seen west of the Indianola bridge, near the school.
CERULEAN (1) - First seen in the same location as the Worm-eating.  It later
moved to the forest above the ravine (Accessible by a staircase), where it
periodically sang.
Yellow-rumped (14)
Yellow-throated (3)
Black-throated Green (2)