From:
Janet S Duerr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet S Duerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 11:19:45 -0400
Ohio birders,

Please join us for an Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas blockbusting weekend June
1-3, 2007 in Southeastern Ohio. Janet Duerr and Steve Schafer, along with
as many birders as we can muster, will spend the weekend locating breeding
birds in atlas blocks in Meigs, Athens, and Vinton Counties in southeastern
Ohio (lots of wooded hills, fields and birds, but not many birders). A
local birder, Allan Elberfeld, has kindly agreed to host a hoard (flock?)
of birders Friday and Saturday nights in a vacant--but fully
furnished--farmhouse on his 500-acre property near Tuppers Plains, in Meigs
County. It has beds for 12, bathrooms and a complete kitchen, and also has
space available for those who want to camp or sleep on the screened porch.
Some people will be carpooling from Columbus (contact Bill Whan for
details), but we welcome people from all points.  We will be gathering at
Allan's house on Friday evening and plan to atlas all day (more or less) on
Saturday, June 2 and through lunch on Sunday, June 3.  Steven and I will
provide morning coffee and treats and evening chili/stew/soup. Please join
us for one or both days full of birds (and evenings full of birding tales).

If you have never atlased before, this will be a great way to get started.
And it will be a great way to help get past those post-migration blues
(which, believe it or not, will be here before we know it).  Email me or
call (740-593-6179) if you think you might be interested and I can send you
more details.

Thanks,

Janet Duerr
OBBA regional coordinator, Delorme 73i/80/81/87
duerr at ohio dot edu