OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:34:10 -0500
For anyone in the northwest Ohio area who is considering Ottawa NWR our
auto tour is open tomorrow from 9 am - 4 pm, this is a travel at your own
pace, in your own car, pick up a guide at the beginning  and follow it
through the refuge.

For those of you who are experienced at traveling the auto tour it's still
a good idea to pick one up.  We always change it and occasionally point out
some less common birds that are here.  I mean we always point them out -
they are just here occasionally.

Anyway, the other reason I am posting is to tell you it is also worth your
time to take a hike on the trails.  The birding is actually better there
today than on the auto tour route.  There were 1000+ tundra swans, about 15
snow geese, some trumpeter swans, and eagles everywhere.  I would love to
tell you more, but I've been stuck inside and had to glean reports from
other staff out working on the refuge.

God birding,
Rebecca

Rebecca E. Hinkle