OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2010

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:14:42 -0400
It is presently 11AM Saturday morning. On a quick lap around the nearby to home, Guilford Lake Area, we found the Red-necked Grebe was still present, in the company of Ruddy Ducks, Buffleheads, and Coots. It is assumed this is the same one we saw last Sunday. Best viewing is still from the Mark's Landing parking lot. If traveling near the State Park Beach Area, beware of hunters and decoys! At the Sandhill Crane Triton's Pond site on Sell Road, we also encountered more of the same; obviously the two cooperative Sandhills from last Sunday were nowhere to be found. A lingering Great Egret remains at Salem Reservoir. After reading Craig Holt's Conneaut post from last ,we are now making the one hundred mile pilgrimage to the Conneaut Sandspit. Of note: on October 29th, 2007 we had a Purple Sandpiper with its Dunlin cousins on the beach at Conneaut.
Bob and Denise Lane / Damascus