OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2022

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:32:52 -0400
Wow! Wasn’t expecting that! The butterfly trip I was hitting was cancelled
Due to the weather. I didn't get the email til after I left…. Which is fine!
I was heading out that way anyway for the sept. Ruddy Duck at Adams
Lake state park. If I had know cancelled I wouldn’t have gone further east.
So that worked out! Now I have to work on Hamilton county for Connecticut.
And my other SW counties. Sciotto isn’t one!

It actually got sunny and warm at Shawnee, so I had some great butterflies.

As I was driving pond run rd. slowly, I had a bird foraging. Got on it. Phila.
Vireo. So I stopped and got out of my car. And flushed the Connecticut!!
Super looks! I would say an adult male. An adult at least.

RN Phalaropes around. Too late to chase near Columbus. Maybe Sunday
Afternoon. That would be another Ohio bird. I am very slowly closing in on
300 for the state. Life. And that Kelley preserve Golden winged was reported
Again!!!

Nature notes - butterflies everywhere at Shawnee when the sun came out.
Commas, question marks, Appalachian browns. No southern immigrants that
I could find. That was one of the purposes of the trip. Of course I don't know
All the locations there. I never did find the marina…..

Pond lick pond area had darners that I was trying to photograph. Sure…..

Good birding all. Happy outdoors weekend or whatever the festival is called.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini