From:
"Angela P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela P.
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 17:16:43 -0400
Hello, first time posting to this, thought I would try it out :)

I'm working on a Cardinal/Acadian Flycatcher project for OSU for the spring,
and part of that we have to do spot maps, i.e. walk around a grid and look
for/listen for birds and record what you see. Sadly no Acadians at this
location yet, but we heard them already at a couple others at least I
already turned in the data sheet, but from memory here are Birds seen/heard
around Three Creeks Metropark Confluence Trails area, Columbus on and off
the spotmap:

Singing Warblers:
Chestnut Sided (quite a few)
Blackburnian
Northern Parula (many)
Prothonotary
Black and White
Yellow-throated
Nashville
Yellow
Black throated Blue (I didn't see, but other field worker did)
(Maybe others, I'm still learning my warbler songs, I saw some of the
species above for sure)

Others in a non-specific order, some interesting, some not:
Northern Cardinal (been tracking for a while of course, some failed nests,
birds trying to re-nest, one crazy nest with 6 Cardinal eggs...)
Least Flycatcher (thankfully calling so I didn't mistake it for the Acadian
I was suppose to find)
Barred Owl (hooting in the middle of the day)
Hooded Merganser (female with at least 6 ducklings on the river, and yes, I
know what a Wood Duck is and got a very good look, strangely didn't see the
Wood Ducks today actually)
Swainson's Thrush (quite a few actually, reminds me of the last two weeks
when it was Hermit Thrushes instead)
Veery (heard only, but I was pretty sure, could be off)
Wood Thrush
American Robin (we're monitoring nests, one already has hatchlings :) )
Gray Catbird
Brown Thrasher
Scarlet Tanager (good number singing)
Red-eyed Vireo (lots)