From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:34:41 -0700
I did go to Villa Angela & Wildwood State Parks on the east side of Cleveland on Lake Erie late today.  These parks are on Lakeshore Blvd near E. 174th St.  I was there from 5:20pm to after 7:30pm.  The Sapsuckers, Fox Sparrows, Songs Sparrows and Phoebes were numerous today as there were more Hermit Thrush. Brown Thrasher was a FOS for me.  Here is a summary of some of what I did see:

American Black Ducks 2 creek WW
Hooded Mergansers - pair in marina
Red-breasted Mergansers ~ 8 in marina
Pied-billed Grebe 1 in Euclid Creek down from bridge
Double-crested Cormorants - 25 group flying west 7:30
Great Blue Heron 2 flying in around island Wildwood side
Cooper's Hawk 1 VA

American Kestrel 1 (flew in from east as I crossed the road landed in Villa Angela tall tree near road then chased by Blue Jays and was out of sight (I never see them here)

American Coot 1
Belted Kingfisher 1m
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers 7 (5 VA & 2WW) they were so numerous twice I saw two in the same tree at a time - hard to miss today so colorful

Northern Flickers 6
Eastern Phoebe 6  WW & VA (after awhile you couldn't tell how many
Brown Creepers 5
Winter Wren 1 in Wildwood when looking at a Hermit Thrush
Golden-crowned Kinglet 6 (5 in VA)
Hermit Thrush 4 (1WW & 3VA)
American Robins - 45-50+ Blue Jays - many
Brown Thrasher 1 FOS for me, Jeanne Hrenko also saw earlier in the day
Eastern Towhee 3   (1WW , 2VA) wasn't as concerned with them
Chipping Sparrow 1 seen near grassy knoll
Fox Sparrows 10 (2WW & 8Villa Angela) this is probably a low number they were all over Villa Angela
Song Sparrows 15-20
White-crowned Sparrow 1 still heard calling Villa Angela just southwest of bathhouse in the wet woods area
Dark-eyed Juncos 6-7

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/