OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:17:25 -0800
I was at East 72nd St. today but noticed most of the Bonapartes Gulls were at East 55th St.  So I drove over to East 55th St. (I drove on the Shoreway that is) and parked at the far northern most tip around 10:30am.   I saw one of the Little Gulls reported yesterday by Ben Warner.  It was due north of where I was parked just south of the far breakwall.  It was continually flying in the same location.   Could even find with my binoculars before it started to snow.  The undersides of its wings were very dark charcoal.

  Also:
  Redhead  2
  Canvasback 1

  Gordon Park Boat Basin: