Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:55:04 +0000
There's a flooded field on Solon Rd that is housing a good amount of shorebirds (mostly Pectoral Sandpiper and American Golden Plovers) and hundreds of Bonaparte's Gulls. This would be a good place to keep on checking. According to Ebird over a dozen people have been checking this field since 3/25/17 all the way up to today. Over 40 species have been observed from this spot. Of note 5 species of shorebird, handful of dabbling ducks, Vesper Sparrow and American Pipit. The field is located on Solon Rd. Between Gordon Rd and S. Charleston Rd. Between the cities of Jamestown and South Charleston. Please use caution if you plan to visit the pond, parking is on the road itself although not heavily travelled and I have only  had a couple cars pass me while there the speed limit is 55 on the road. Use your hazard signals and don't plan on spending hours there. Scope is helpful but not necessary.

V/r

Jeremy Dominguez

Greene Co. Ohio