OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
john petruzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john petruzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:14:31 -0500
We finally got a chance to try our luck with the BRANT at Edgewater Park
today.  We got there around noon, and after a little searching, we found the
bird grazing in the middle of a grass lot, alone except for one resting
ring-billed gull.  Eventually it flew off and onto the water when someone
flying a kite decided we had had a long enough look...

From here we followed the directions posted yesterday in hopes of the Ross'
Goose.  Much to our delight the bird was right where it was said to be, next
to the small pond on Tyler Rd. with a group of Canadas. We observed the
goose from 10-15 yds away in very pleasent weather, which we appreciated all
the more after enduring strong winds and frigid cold on our unsuccessful
hunt for the bird 2 weeks ago on Fairport.

I will be posting digiscoped photos and videos on Rarebird.org (NE Ohio).

Overall a great outing.  Thanks to everyone who reported on these birds.

John G Petruzzi