OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2009

From:
Aaron Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:34:55 -0400
Hi Everyone,
Just a quick reminder that the Burr Oak Area Atlasing event is taking place
June 19-21.  Many of you have expressed interest in forming teams.  If you
can update me with an email, send me the name's of your team members and
your preferred areas to cover.  (See list of possible areas below).  If
you'd prefer to survey blocks on your own during the event, that is fine
too.

[If you're not a part of a team and would like to participate, let me know
and as I mentioned before, we can fit you in with another group]

On Friday-June 19th, we plan to meet at the US Forest Service headquarters
in Nelsonville off Hwy 33 at 6:00PM.  We'll have a brief kick-off meeting
and then everyone will be free to head to respective regions for nocturnal
species surveys and then continue with atlasing surveys on Saturday and
Sunday.

Wayne National Forest Headquarters location info found @
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/events/new_office/new_office.html

Local lodging accommodations can be found at Burr Oak State Park and Lodge
(camping, cabins, and lodge rooms).  Info found @
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/burroak/tabid/719/Default.aspx  But there
may be other accommodations in the area as well.

<http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/events/new_office/new_office.html>Here are
priority blocks in surrounding counties that are up for grabs:

70D3CW (Morgan County)
70C3CW (Morgan County)
70C1SE (Perry County)
70B1CW (Perry County)
69C7NW (Perry County)
79A7NE (Hocking County)
79B5CE (Vinton County)
71D4SE (Morgan County)
71C5NW (Morgan County)

Please email me this weekend or early next week to let me know about your
top 3 preferred survey blocks from the list above.

Thanks everyone and good birding!

--
Aaron Boone
Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas II