From:
Ann Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2011 20:58:29 -0400
Hello,
   I'm working on compiling a list of OBBA II blockbusting events around
the state to be included in the upcoming spring OOS newsletter (The
Cerulean). Perhaps a few birders in your part of the state will be
inspired to join your blockbusting efforts.
   If any atlasers or Regional Coordinators around the state are planning
a blockbusting event this final season of the OBBA II atlas, and want help
recruiting a few volunteers, please email me with your date and block.
Need info by this Monday, April 11.

   So far, here's the list of scheduled blockbusting events (per OBBA II).

June 3-5: OOS and OBBA II will hold a mega-blockbusting weekend centered
at Shawnee State Park and covering surrounding territories to help finish
priority blocks in southwest Ohio. This weekend is part of the OOS Seventh
Annual Conference. Everyone is invited: new birders will be paired with
experienced atlasers in the field.
Paul Rodewald, OBBA II Principal Investigator and Program Director, is the
featured speaker on Friday night (before evening atlasing targeting Chuck-
will's-widow and noctural species) on the "ins and outs" of atlasing.
Ted Floyd, Editor of Birding, flagship publication of the American Birding
Association, is the keynote speaker on Saturday night on Noctural
Monitoring & Citizen Science.
Registration is now open on the OOS website:
http://www.ohiobirds.org/calendar/society_events/current/about.php

June 4: Jim Dolan (Region 53)

June 11: Bill Stanley (Regions 82 and 83)

June 18: Chuck McClaughery (Region 52)

June 25: Tom Bain (Region 59)

July 2: Terri Martincic (Region 30 and 40)

Bob Scott Placier will also host a blockbuster in the Liberty Wildlife
Area: date TBA.

In Appreciation,
Ann Oliver
Editor, The Cerulean Newsletter (quarterly publication of OOS)
Cincinnati