From:
Prem Balson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Prem Balson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:43:13 -0400
Sydney Schardt of the Sanctuary for The Arts (8641 Porter Central Rd,
Sunbury, OH  43074) reports that there is a Cooper's Hawk Nest with two or
three chicks.  Sydney says that there are three levels available for viewing
and photographing them.  The nest is probably 50 yards from the porch at the
Sanctuary with a good view from the porch.  There is accessibility right up
to the tree where the nest is.  The chicks are probably a week old.

The Sanctuary for The Arts is a private property.  Open Studio is usually
Friday all day, and Sunday afternoons between 12 & 6 pm.  Open Studio
includes access to the property, use of the covered porch, kitchen with
refrigerator, & restroom.  Sydney will have the coffee ready for the birders
and photographers.  It may be possible to visit the Sanctuary on other days.
Please call ahead Sydney on the other days at (740) 513-9038.  The fee to
visit is $8.00 for the day.

The Sanctuary is open for visit this Saturday (5/1) also.

I have not birded at the Sanctuary.  I am thinking that the Sanctuary may
provide a good birding opportunity.

Maps and directions are available at the website,
http://www.sanctuary-for-the-arts.com/.

I plan to visit on Sunday afternoon.  If you visit today or Saturday, please
post any other details/updates not mentioned above.

Thanks,

Prem Balson