From:
Richard Cressman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 20:25:03 -0400
I was there only a couple hours and saw many on Ruth's list. Activity
seemed to increase about the time I had to leave (about noon). There are
2 I don't see mentioned:

Tennessee Warbler
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
 (OH, how I wish I could have hunted up the Hairy WP for make for a
record of 6 spp,. I had been seeing 1 or 2 rather regularly, lately.)

Cliff Swallows have a colony underneath I-70 bridge where it crosses the
Scioto. An excellent viewpoint is Dodge Park - entrance via McDowell St.
(specific directions on request- say where you are coming from.) There
were a few there today. None earlier in the week.

At Hoover Dam there were quite a few there last Sunday. Their mud nests
in the concrete gazebo had been destroyed within the previous 2 weeks,
and, if they were nesting, it was under the walkway. Perhaps too many
were being occupied by House Sparrows, or the presence of the birds was
just being annoying or worrisome (droppings?) to the huge throngs of
people using the area. But it was so neat to see Cliff Swallows only a
few feet away.

Richard Cressman
Columbus OH