OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

From:
Sandy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 07:51:22 -0800
Hi All-

  Had a GREAT time over the weekend at the Owl Symposium.  Headed home Sunday night after visiting family in Hamilton--then had my fan belt crap out near Ashland.  After spending the night there and then getting the truck fixed on Monday, continued back to Akron.  Lots of Kestrels along the way, and Red Tail Hawks. Stopped by the Portage Lakes area south of Akron and was treated to good birds at Long Lake and  Summit Lake.

  Both lakes had very small open areas but those areas were hopping.   Both lakes had pretty much the same waterfowl-

  Buffleheads
  Mallards
  Hooded Merganser
  Canvasbacks