From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2018 23:35:29 +0000
Greetings one and all!

Just a week end report of the goings and comings of Lawrence Woods SNP in
Hardin County.

All woodpeckers are active including at least 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.
The Sapsucker(s) has been staying in the area around the front of the pond
and to the right.
Hermit Thrushes are scattered around the boardwalk.
There is one Northern Parula that has been feeding near the ground with the
Kinglets, and not making any territory calls...must be passing through.
Barred Owls are hanging out on the left side of the boardwalk... somewhere
around 5 or 6...doesn't take much to get them to respond to a "who cooks
for you" call...scares the kids. :-D
Earlier this week there was a Sandhill Crane circling the field then
landing in the valley just off the west side of the property...it later
took off and headed north.
The typical prarie birds are setting up territory...no Bobolinks or Common
Yellow-throated Warblers yet.

People keep asking me if it seems like everything is behind schedule.  I
really see it as we are actually close to on time for a change...what do
you guys think?

Flower report, everything but Trillium are in bloom...the Trills are really
close behind, but their growth seems to be stunted this year.

More to come next week.

Happy birding and God bless,

Steve J.