OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2012

From:
jay lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jay lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2012 09:57:26 -0500
The LABU was seen early about an hour before my arrival at about 8:30-ish
according to Halle and Brenda.  I walked up the hill to the bush pile with
Brenda for her last look.  I heard a call note that I did not recognize so
I spished.  I found the LABU sitting in a thorn shrub next to the brush
pile at about 9:00 am.  Halle and Brenda returned with Halle's scope.  All
including an Amish family and young son birder got great looks through the
scope--dark patch around base of heavy gray bill, buffy- whitish patches on
folded wing, heavy spot and lower blotch on breast, white wing patches in
flight.  Just now, 9:50 am, a young Amish man told me he saw it near the
hay bales and it returned to the brush pile up the hill.   Cool bird.  New
bird for Ohio for me.  Ohio year list 292...,I think!

Jay G Lehman, Cincinnati, OH
Sent from Droid Razr