OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2021

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2021 17:52:35 -0400
I had one good-sized flock this morning, probably the largest I’ve had this fall with at least 30 birds. It was impossible to get on all of them but I had a good assortment of species and usually two or three of the species I could get on. A Blue-headed Vireo also came in as well as a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Always exciting to get a big flock but frustrating, too!

I also had a warbler in a different spot later that I believe was a Connecticut but it was a very unsatisfactory look. It was either a Mourning or Connecticut but the glimpse I had of the strong eye ring and the grayish hood makes me lean towards Connecticut. It was hiding behind some leaves checking me out briefly before diving to the ground underneath thick tangles so it was not a definitive look unfortunately.

It was too nice a day to stay inside doing chores so I went to Blackhand Gorge/Marie Hickey Trail more for a nice walk than anything else. I did add a Bay-breasted & a Blackpoll feeding near each other so that was challenging. Luckily the Bay-breasted had some good color on it and I got to see the leg color on both of them as well. Also added a WE Vireo there.

Last night in a sunset walk by the bike path I saw a Yellow-throated Warbler and there a nice flight of robins, prob 20 or so.

Warblers
Denison
Nashville
Blackburnian