OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2016

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2016 01:40:32 +0000
 I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood Parks (part of Euclid Creek Reservation) on the east side of Cleveland today from 9:55am to 2:55pm. I found a couple warblers in Wildwood down by the creek but when I got to Villa Angela I had to wait til 11:30am til anything started to move. Seemed like it was too cold or something.  Here are some of the birds seen--Warblers--Yellow 1, Magnolia 4, Bay-breasted 1,Blackpoll 9, Black-and-White 1, American Redstart 1, Common Yellowthroat 3, Wilson's 5.
The best bird was a Yellow-throated Vireo near the entrance to the field (where most birds were) in Villa Angela which I never see.  Could not get a picture.  There were two Great Crested Flycatchers in the birch/alder woods--1 in Wildwood, two Least Flycatcher's one in each park, Swainson's Thrush 7, Wood Thrush 1 in VA field, two Warbling Vireos Wildwood many Robins and Starlings and a few Flickers.
Two immature Black-crowned Night-Heron in willow down by the creek in Wildwood, one Spotted Sandpiper, one Caspian Tern, thought I would find more here today.
At Sims Park in Euclid from 3:20pm to 4:45pm---Warblers--Magnolia 4, Blackburnian 3, Blackpoll 9, American Redstart 2, Wilson's 1.
Red-eyed Vireo 1, Black-capped Chickadees 5, Swainson's Thrush 2.
Nancy Anderson, Richmond Hts,https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/