OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2014

From:
Jay Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:50:37 -0400
Arrived just before 10:00 am.  Walked the dike toward the NW corner heading
toward the NE corner after scanning the impoundment.  The Whim flushed from
the stone rip-rap at the NW corner giving its distinctive call and then
flew east where it disappeared below the level of the stone jetty along the
lake.  It had landed on the stone rip-rap in the swale between the
impoundment dike and the stone jetty.  It flew to the stone jetty.  I got
some OK but distant photos of the Whim standing on the stone jetty on the
north border of the impoundment area.   Didn't want to push it.  Two
unexpected flushes are enough or too much.  Hopefully, it stays longer in
this stormy weather.

Good luck if you try for this bird.
Jay

Jay G Lehman, Cincinnati, OH