From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2014 14:15:55 -0400
I have been working for five years as a volunteer with eBird on the eBird
hot spots in Ohio. In those five years we have added almost 600 locations
as hot spots.  We are approaching having 1800 public birding locations
identified as hot spots in Ohio!

If you have been using eBird for several years, you probably have a number
of personal locations in eBird which have become shared bird reporting hot
spots. It would be helpful for you to review your list of personal
locations and to merge any that have become hot spots.

There are directions about how to do this on the Ohio eBird Hot Spot web
site:

http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Merge+Locations

If you would like help in reviewing your list of eBird locations, please
contact me. I am familiar with the hot spots in Ohio and can quickly
identify those in your list which have become hot spots. I would need to be
able to look at your list of locations, either via a WebEx Webinar session
or by you sending me your list of locations in an email. I’ve done several
WebEx tutorial sessions and would be happy to set one up with you. WebEx
allows you to show me your computer screen.

I am also willing to help any birder who has bird lists from the past that
you would like to put into eBird. It is possible to prepare these in an
Excel spreadsheet and then to upload them to your eBird account. It is
especially easy if you already have them in a computer format. It is really
not that difficult to put them into eBird from written lists. There is an
article about how to do this in the eBird web site:

http://help.ebird.org/customer/portal/articles/973915-uploading-data-to-ebird

Feel free to send me a private message if you would like help with either
of these in eBird.

Ken Ostermiller

eBird Hot Spot reviewer for Ohio