Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2011 00:01:41 -0400
Greetings,

Just a quick note to say that the Warblers are coming, the Warblers are
coming! :-D  I am/was down at Black Mt. and Pine Mt. looking for forest
floor pictures.  Lots of Trills, and such.  But I could not help but
hear all of the warbler calls that were constantly overhead...or is some
cases below me...I was 30 yards or so above the trees at some points.
Warblers ID by call are the usual for the area; Black and White, Common
Yellowthroat, and a visual of Black-throated Green.  There were other
calls, but there were so many that it was had to distinguish, and then
check against my recordings, but there were at least 2 or 3 others. SO
they are on the way!

A surprise greeted us today as we were going through Pine Mt.'s
park...A  Ruffed Grouse!  It was handed to us...We drove around a curve
and there it was, struting across the road...it saw us and stayed on the
road long enough for a few pictures with my lens that I use for flowers
and such...but when I got my bird lens on, it decided that it was time
to leave. :-D  SO I did get it off of my lifer lists...but I wish the
picture was better...;-D

Pic is on my smug page:
http://sjlarue.smugmug.com/Unsorted/OhioBirds/16108559_K6usy#1253318459_vrWpVxd

Forest floor pictures from trip: