OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

From:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:33:03 -0500
This might be of interest to the 10 or so birders on this list from or
near Perry County.  Little, and seldom birded,  Clouse Lake in Perry
County, South of Somerset ( Delorme 69, B7) held a wealth of waterfowl
yesterday afternoon and this morning.   I check this area often, and
this is the most species I've seen in several years.

Mute swan 4 ( a pair has nested for several years)
Canada goose  xxx
Mallard 20
Pied billed grebe 1
Ring necked duck 20
Black Duck 2
Pintail 2
Ruddy duck 1
Scaup sp. 2
Red headed duck  6
Wigeon 2
Hooded Merganser 3
Gadwall  2
Green-winged teal (maybe??)  1
Snow goose (in field with fresh manure off OK Sweeney rd across from
the lake)  6

Also saw 40 Wild Turkey two days ago along same road.