OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2022

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2022 14:33:44 -0400
Finally got a decent walk in this morning. A bit more birdsong so perhaps the birds were tired of all the rain as well. The best find was an Olive-sided Flycatcher perched high on a snag. It had a distinct vest and I even saw the white patches near the rump when it turned around. I did not hear any calls. Early migrant?

I saw the FC while I was watching a family of Red-headed WPs—3 adults & at least one Juv who successfully begged for a handout.

I have been hearing YB Cuckoos regularly and finally had good looks at one today.

Warblers
KY—heard at least 2 & got great looks at one that perched close to check me out.
Com YT

Chat

Vireos
White-eyed
Red-eyed

FCs
Olive-sided
Acadian
E Peewee
E Phoebe (heard yesterday)

Brown Thrasher
Indigo Bunting
Baltimore Oriole
YB Cuckoo
Barn Swallow
Chimney Swift

Bald Eagle imm

Stopped at the Land Lab just before the rain started yesterday so I didn’t stay long. No Bobolinks or meadowlarks. Saw Killdeer, N Mockingbird, E Kingbird, Great Blue Heron.

Peggy Wang
Granville

Sent from my iPhone