From:
The Reiners <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Reiners <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 21:33:58 -0400
Hello all!

A good morning of birding here along the Confluence and Alum Creek Greenway
Trails was topped off with this sight.  Near the 1 Mile marker along the
Greenway Trail (just south of its northern junction with the Confluence
Trail), a wetland area on the trail's west side is host to several stands of
willow trees.  In one of these stands was a female BLUE GROSBEAK. I watched
it for several minutes before it moved on; I was not able to stay longer to
see if it was hanging around consistently.  I can supply more details on
this bird to anyone interested.

            In addition, the bottomland woods along Big Walnut and Alum
Creeks here had lots of activity today (migrants presumably working north
along the river valleys or just find good foraging until the winds turn, as
well as the ranks of residents).  The highlights include:

15 warbler species:

            Tennessee

            Nashville

            Northern Parula

            Yellow

            Magnolia

            Yellow-rumped (females)

            Blackburnian

            Yellow-throated

            Blackpoll

            Black-and-white

            Am. Redstart

            PROTHONOTARY

            Ovenbird

            C. Yellowthroat

            Canada

Wood & Swainson's Thrushes, Veery

Red-eyed, Warbling, White-eyed, Yellow-throated, & PHILADELPHIA Vireos

Lots of residents

App. 62 species in < 2hours

Happy Birding!

Eric Reiner