OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

From:
Christine Hawley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christine Hawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 04:53:35 -0800
We returned home yesterday at 2 PM to discover a
Barred Owl sitting on the arm of my dog grooming table
which sits near the door going out to our elevated
back deck! That area is under an overhang of the house
and surveys all our birdfeeders. A nice cozy little
alcove.  It was there about twenty minutes (don't know
when it arrived) but It left us a nice gift: an owl
pellet!

We back up to Cricket Woods Scout Camp. There have
been Barred Owls seen there before but in an area that
recently has had some construction for a new lodge. I
wonder if it is searching for a new roosting area.

Christine Hawley
Butler Township, north of Dayton, south of Vandalia