OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2018

From:
Todd Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 15:09:26 +0000
I have enjoyed this listserv for a number of years now. The postings have gotten right to the point and have been highly informative. I have learned a lot about birding in Ohio via this forum, as I am not nearly as expert, nor as committed, as so many who contribute here. I've never met Bill Whan, but I would count him among that group based on what he's written here. Sure, he could have edited that excerpt he posted. He didn't, and perhaps he's learned that much. We'll never know, thanks to the draconian gesture of the OOS.

The Internet has long since lost the enthusiasm and excitement it had, say, 20 years ago. It has become a repository of much negative energy, to the point where I have to go out of my way to avoid it. Now it's infected this listserv, and I dread seeing it in my inbox. So, easy decision for me. I am glad there are other online venues for me to continue my education about birds, and I will now turn to them instead.

Todd HillFredericktown, Knox County