OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2013

From:
Kathi Hutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathi Hutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2013 22:36:09 -0400
SW Ohio birders are quite aware how unusual and exciting these birds are. Having THREE Purple Sandpipers at once is thrilling enough, seeing them so early in the season - late Oct, when expected dates are Nov/Dec - and having them so far south of their usual lakefront breakwalls and jetties are all incredibly fortuitous. I tried for Jay Lehman' Caesar Creek Purple Sandpiper a couple of winters ago, but it was a one-day wonder. Here's hoping the Clermont County trio hangs around a little bit longer - SW Ohio wants its share of the birding limelight.

Kathi Hutton

Sent from iVan, my iPhone