From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 22:47:37 -0400
Hi all,

I received a report and photos of a Northern Saw-whet Owl that turned up in an odd and interesting place – inside the porch of a Cleveland Heights home! The photos and story are on my blog: http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/

This owl report dates to March 31 – I just found out about it today. We are at the tail end of spring migration for these easily overlooked little owls, and there are undoubtedly many others passing through. Might keep an eye on dense grapevine tangles and conifers. Saw-whets favor such sites for daytime roosting, and by checking such plants one sometimes comes across an owl. Not everyone is so lucky as to have one fly into their porch!

Jim

Jim McCormac
Columbus, Ohio
Like Nature? http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/