From:
David Myles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Myles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2018 21:42:10 -0400
All,

Below are a couple of ebird lists from my sightings this afternoon.
The first list is from Magee boardwalk and causeway.  A lot of activity and should get better over the next week.  I also had FOY Brown Thrasher in the yard this morning.
The second list is at the Boss Unit.  Water is high and shorebirds are in the back.
The third list was a surprise.  This is a flooded field about a mile south of the Boss Unit just before crossing Packer Creek.  This list is only half of the shorebirds and ducks present.  I had to return home about a mile away the get my scope.  Unfortunately when I returned, the property owner was present with his dog and all the birds were gone.  That’s birding for you.

Magee Marsh Wildlife Area (Lucas Co.)
Apr 18, 2018
3:55 PM
Traveling
1.00 miles
120 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Very active with larger numbers of Kinglets, Hermit Thrushes, Fox Sparrows and Creepers.
Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.6.5 Build 36

13 Canada Goose
2 Trumpeter Swan
4 Wood Duck
12 Blue-winged Teal
16 Northern Shoveler
4 Gadwall
8 Mallard
16 Green-winged Teal
2 Redhead
4 Ring-necked Duck
18 Lesser Scaup
2 Bufflehead
4 Ruddy Duck
4 Pied-billed Grebe
2 Horned Grebe
16 Double-crested Cormorant
2 Great Blue Heron
14 Great Egret
2 Turkey Vulture
5 Bald Eagle
2 Red-tailed Hawk
150 American Coot
2 Sandhill Crane
1 Killdeer
1 American Woodcock
8 Ring-billed Gull
2 Herring Gull
1 Common Tern
2 Mourning Dove
3 Red-bellied Woodpecker
2 Downy Woodpecker
4 Northern Flicker
2 Eastern Phoebe
18 Tree Swallow
2 White-breasted Nuthatch
30 Brown Creeper
9 Winter Wren -- Large numbers spread out over the boardwalk.
50 Golden-crowned Kinglet
20 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
20 Hermit Thrush
25 American Robin
12 European Starling
5 Yellow-rumped Warbler
12 American Tree Sparrow
15 Fox Sparrow
4 Dark-eyed Junco
8 Song Sparrow
6 Swamp Sparrow
2 Eastern Towhee
7 Northern Cardinal
50 Red-winged Blackbird
8 Rusty Blackbird
25 Common Grackle

Number of Taxa: 53

5498–5998 N Benton Carroll Rd, Oak Harbor US-OH (41.5996,-83.1828)
Apr 18, 2018
4:42 PM
Traveling
0.50 miles
30 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.6.5 Build 36

2 Canada Goose
4 Northern Pintail
1 Great Blue Heron
4 Great Egret
1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
0 Sharp-shinned/Cooper's Hawk
1 Bald Eagle
18 Dunlin
2 Wilson's Snipe
6 Greater Yellowlegs
12 Lesser Yellowlegs

Number of Taxa: 11

12357 W Duff Washa Rd, Oak Harbor US-OH(41.5806,-83.1826)
Apr 18, 2018
4:53 PM
Traveling
0.50 miles
30 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: This is a flood field on the west side of Benton Carroll road just after the West Velliquette intersection.  This is only half of the birds listed.  I went home to get my scope to ID the other birds further out only to find the property owner walking his dog and all the birds gone.
Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.6.5 Build 36

2 Canada Goose
32 Northern Shoveler
200 Gadwall
28 American Wigeon