From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:32:02 -0400
​Thank you to everyone who has submitted Rusty Blackbird sightings to eBird
this spring!  Although today marks the close of the target Blitz dates in
Ohio, the Blitz isn’t over!  In 2015, Rusty migration was later than usual
through many states, and birders were reporting Rusty Blackbirds in some
southern states in early April, and in northern states through early May.  Even
outside of our official Blitz window for Ohio, we still need all of your
Rusty Blackbird observations to help understand Rusty Blackbird migratory
timing and habitat use.  The international Blitz runs through June 15, so
please continue to submit your observations to the “Rusty Blackbird Spring
Migration Blitz” protocol on eBird until then.

You can find complete information about the Rusty Blackbird Spring
Migration Blitz at the web site:

http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/

Thanks for supporting this international initiative to learn more about
Rusty Blackbirds!

Ken Ostermiller

Judy Kolo-Rose

Coordinators of Rusty Blackbird Blitz in Ohio
​