From:
Noah Comet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Noah Comet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:37:33 -0400
Hi all,

I see the Peregrines at the Tower East Building (southeast corner of the
massive intersection at Van Aken / Chagrin / Warrensville, etc, in Shaker
Heights/ Highland) so frequently on my morning commute that I don't bother
reporting them---one or two can almost always be seen perched on one of the
building's facades.

But over the last few days there has been some crane/construction activity
on the building's roof and the birds are nowhere to be seen.

If I'm not mistaken (and I may well be), this is incubation time for the
Falcons, and now I'm worried that the construction work has scared the
parents off the nest.  Just wondering if anyone might be able to shed some
insight on that.  (I know a lot about raptors and their nesting habits, but
not about Peregrines specifically.)

Also a request: if anyone does spot these birds in the coming days or
weeks, please do post the sighting to the OHIO BIRDS list---I imagine I'm
not the only one who'll be eager to hear the news.

Best,
Noah (Cuyahoga County)