OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
Bob Baran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Baran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:42:42 -0400
Over the past four years we've had a pair of Coopers Hawks nest in the woods
off the back yard. This past Fall\Winter the nest was blown down by high
winds. I noticed this morning that a pair of Crows are now building a nest
in a different tree from where the Coopers had their nest. About an hour
later I then spotted one of the adult Coopers looking to break off branches
for a nest. Not sure what tree they will choose. It will be interesting to
see if they share the same wood lot or if one will claim the territory. Let
the battle begin.

Bob

Hilliard, OH