OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2007

From:
Phil Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:41:47 -0700
Good evening,

Here are my observations from Ceaser Creek: picnic
area near the wetlands observation tower, the
observation tower, and the gorge, and from Spring
Valley Nature Preserve.  I was in this area from
around 7:30am until close to 10am.

Ceaser Creek
Picnic Area
  Grey Catbird
  Red-wing Blackbird
  Blue-grey Gnatcatcher
  Canada Geese
  Indigo Bunting
  Wood Thrush
  Field Sparrow
  American Goldfinch
  Brown-headed Cowbird
  Mourning Dove
  Northern Cardinal
  Hairy Woodpecker
  Pileated Woodpecker
  Orchard Oriole
  Tennessee Warbler (only so much 10x binocs or a
450mm lens can do at 150 yards...didn't vocalize)

Wetland Observation Tower
  Eastern Kingbird
  American Robin
  Eastern Bluebird
  Kildeer
  Indigo Bunting
  Tree Swallow
  American Kestral
  Song Sparrow
  Common Yellowthroat
  Field Sparrow
  Wood Thrush
  Ruby-throated Hummingbird
  American Goldfinch
  Northern Cardinal
  Canada Goose
  Wood Duck
  Grey Catbird
  Orchard Oriole (juv)
  Yellow Warbler

Gorge
(truncated visit, as the bathrooms were inexplicably
closed...)
  White-breasted Nuthatch
  Carolina Chickadee
  Blue-grey Gnatcatcher
  Tufted Titmouse
  Pileated Woodpecker
  Northern Cardinal
  Tree Swallow

Spring Valley Nature Preserve
  Cedar Waxwing
  Song Sparrow
  Blue Jay
  Brown-headed Cowbird
  Great-blue Heron
  Red-winged Blackbird
  Turkey Vultures
  Pileated Woodpecker
  Northern Flicker
  Wood Duck
  Eastern Wood PeWee
  Eastern Towhee
  Indigo Bunting
  Black-capped Chickadee
  American Goldfinch

Happy birding,

Phil

Philip M. Ware
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/free/gallery.asp?mem=117474
http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?P_ID=79253
"I've never been so insulted in all my life."
"It's early, yet." - G. Marx.