OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2019

From:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:31:17 -0500
Went to the Rehoboth reclaimed strip mine area this afternoon to check for short eared owls and northern harriers.  Had an owl fly by my car before I was even out. I was at the closed gate on Twp road 208 where the haul road crosses it.  When posting to ebird, I dropped a pin at this exact spot and called it Rehoboth haul road gate.
     Tonight there were only about five Harriers along with two owls.  Watched one of the owls hunting for about five minutes on the left (north, I think) side of 208.
    Have now seen these owls and harriers the last four time I’ve been down there over the last two weeks.  Nice to have them 20 minutes away.

Joe Faulkner
Somerset, Ohio
Perry county
Sent from iPad