From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2011 19:18:02 -0700
I was able to get to Villa Angela and Wildwood State Parks in Cleveland today from 2:30 to 6pm.  Marina is still partially frozen and the lake is mostly frozen pretty far out.  Some birds seen yesterday weren't seen today.  Only thing different was one Common Redpoll was seen and hadn't been seen since 3/19/11.  The Woodcocks were seen again today.  Here were some of the birds I found today:

Lesser Scaup 4
Hooded Mergansers - pair in Euclid Creek
A. Coot 1
Pied-billed Grebes 2 (first seen by Jeanne Hrenko who came later)
Great Blue Heron 1
Coopers Hawk 1
American Woodcocks 2 (were continually seen in the area near the field (north of library) and the main woods north of that
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 3 or 4
Northern Mockingbird 1 (also in field posed for me close up)
White-crowned Sparrow 1 still singing in Villa Angela

Fox Sparrows -  10 to 11 (also seen in three areas today, 2 down by Euclid Creek, 2 in narrow woods west of entrance road, at least 6-7 in woods north of field (field north of library)

Dark-eyed Juncos 6-7 (at least 3 of them were singing today)
Song Sparrows 7
COMMON REDPOLL 1 in east end of birch woods edge of field (north of library)
Kingfisher, many Grackles, Starlings, few Crows

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/