OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2021

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2021 23:07:00 -0400
The weather has not exactly made birding very pleasant this week but I took a few short walks at the reserve. Earlier in the week I heard up to four Kentucky Warblers including two that were singing back-and-forth which was interesting and that I’ve heard before at the same spot. The other two I heard were far enough apart that I’m pretty sure they were different birds. I did not hear any today.

I also finally heard a Hooded the other day and today. Also had brief glimpses as it flew today.

Earlier in the week I had N Parula singing but not today. Common yellowthroat and Chat are reliable with good looks at the Chat.

I’ve heard Yellow-billed Cuckoo all this week and finally got looks at a close one today. A couple Wood Thrushes are still singing.

Other birds today and most other days:
Green Heron
Wood Duck hen, now with just 4 almost full grown young
Brown Thrasher
Tree Swallow (numbers seen quite low this year)

Heard:
White-eyed Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
Acadian FC
E Peewee
Indigo Bunting

I still have Rose-breasted Grosbeaks at my feeders and RT Hummers. Chimney Swifts and 20-25 Turkey Vultures circling over Denison early evening.

Peggy Wang
Granville
Sent from my iPhone