OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2007

From:
Jane Van Auken <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Van Auken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 10:51:44 -0400
Great patio birding here in the heart of Dublin.  We have a small
secluded west facing patio.  Friday, I sat there and watched these very
bold RBNH (2 I think - though enought noise for 4) just going at the
feeder after peanuts and sunflower chips.  Also Friday had male Downy
Woodpecker, Tufted Titmouse, Chickadees, Goldfinches, Cardinal, Song
Sparrow, English Sparrow, and Mourning Dove.  Another treat was
watching the cardinal, mourning dove and english sparrow all splish
splashin’ in the bath.  Too funny!

RBNH back on Sat and Sun  - added Carlina Wren and House Finch to the
guest list also.

New to Columbus/ Ohio area - am enjoying reading the birding emails.
Hoping to someday explore the places mentioned.

Jane VanAuken