OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2010

From:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:50:10 -0700
Emil and Bacik and I birded Pipe and Pickerel Creek WA, today (Erie/Sandusky
Co).  I had not seen Bruce Simpson's post of yesterday, so we were pleasantly
surprised to encounter an ad MARBLED GODWIT and three WILLETS at Pipe.  At
Pickerel, there are a good number of shorebirds in the drawndown pond across
from the fringed orchid field, along the first road west of the observation
platform, and north of the observation platform itself.  Though we didn't have
time, I watched four Lesser Yellowlegs from a distance apparently put down in
the impoundment north of the woodlot, so it's possible both areas will serve up
some excellent shorebirding again this year!

Photos are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28939750@N05/?saved=1  If the link
doesn't open, replace the word 'at' within the URL, with the at 'symbol.'

Pipe Creek:

Ruddy Duck  2
Great Egret  170
Snowy Egret  3