Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 18:28:27 -0400
    The bulk of the Mt. Vernon Nazarene Ornithology class and I went to
the Wilds this afternoon, must have missed you Jason. So it was mostly
Andy Newman, Josh Key, me and Dr. Dan Mosher. We had probably about 12
BOBOLINKS alond Zion-ridge road, plus maybe equal numbers of Henslow's
Sparrows and Grasshopper Sparrows. We found at least 1 of the following
list:

Prairie Warbler - 2 singing males along rt. 284 going away from the
wilds on a hillside with some young pine trees
Yellow-throated Warbler - 1 heard
Common Yellowthroats
Yellow Warbs
Indigo Buntings - 2 one DOR with another male coming down and picking
at the dead male, was he consuming his rival?
Savannah Sparrow - 1 with good looks along Zion Ridge road
Bufflehead Ducks - 2 females
Blue-winged Teal - 1 drake
Pied-billed Grebes - 2 on the ponds viewable from the birding station
overlook.
Ospreys on nest platform
Red-tailed Hawks
Northern Harriers - 2
Am Kestrels - 4 seem to be using the nest boxes,
Yellowlegs sp. - a group of 8 or so viewable from the overlook @ pond
edge
E. Kingbird - 2 kinda near the visitor's center
etc.

      Good birding,
          - Ben Warner