OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2022

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2022 21:06:46 -0400
I think Franklin county. I headed up here this afternoon as I was hoping for
a Pheasant! I am told this is still an area with a breeding population. And
countable. No success though. That pond along the exceedingly wet Teal
trail had a nice assortment of waterfowl. There hasn't been much down
here in my usual spots. SW Ohio. A friend and I hit the Oxbow indiana
trip. Quiet.... of course the weather didn't help Sat.

Highlights from today

2 Trumpeters - I was told Trumpeters have been there. I will change my
report. Not a great look as i didnt lug my scope with me. But I just looked
at my pics. Should be Trumpeter from the bill. And my first thought as I
saw them roosting was “mute swans here. oh no....” They were big. But
a number of us were fooled in NJ once. Once we got that front view of
the bill, it turned out to be a big tundra! I am always open to correction
with these swans. Just give me a couple days to upload pics.

5 BW Teal
17 Shovellers
2 Gadwall
2 GW Teal
2 Lesser Scaup
2 Pied billed Grebe. One was calling! I love that sound!
17 coot
2 Snipe - One birding group had 14!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller